Saturday, May 18, 2019

Not a Swiftie-A Photostory

Hey, guys, this is my second photostory. Some of my photos are a little blurry and/or have my fingers in it but I didn’t have time to retake them so ya get what ya get.
Onto the story:
‘’Alright, I’m going for a hike,’’ Chrissa said to Evie, Abby, Starbuck, Maddie and Audrey. ‘’You guys can do what you like. As long as you be careful. And stay right here.’’
As soon as Chrissa left Starbuck announced, ‘’Well, it’s already getting boring sitting around here. I’m going on an adventure.’’

‘’Oh, the wind! It’s blowing my skirt!’’ Audrey shrieked. ‘’Somebody, anybody save me! Oh, and preferably a handsome prince. And please don’t send Starbuck. She was bagel breath.’’
‘’An adventure doesn’t seem like the best idea,’’ Evie said. ‘’Chrissa did tell us to stay right here.’’ ‘’Whatever,’’ Starbuck responded. ‘’We’re bound to have bad blood anyway. Just shake it off.’’ Evie raised an eyebrow. ‘’Hmm.’’
‘’Isn’t that a Taylor Swift song reference?’’ Maddie asked, stretching into a splits.
Audrey smirked. ‘’Actually that’s two Taylor Swift song references. And here I thought you said you didn’t even like her music.’’
Starbuck gritted her teeth. What the freaking gosh darn heck? She’d been careful never to make any Taylor Swift song references. ‘’Well, I’m leaving,’’ she said, ‘’Anyone coming?’’
Evie, Maddie and Evie looked at each other, doubtfully. ‘’Okay,’’ Maddie said. ‘’Sure,’’ Abby agreed, cheerfully. ‘’I guess,’’ Evie said.
After the group hiked for quite awhile [read: five minutes] some people [read: Audrey] needed a break. ‘’Oh, my feet are on fire!’’ Audrey wailed. ‘’Tough,’’ Starbuck said. ‘’Well, that was rude!’’ Audrey cried. ‘’Fix it, and I’ll be your friend again.’’ ‘’No way,’’ Starbuck said, ‘’We are never ever getting back together, anyway.’’
‘’Ooh, I love that song,’’ Abby said. ‘’I’m not even that big on pop music, but I love Taylor Swift.’’
Audrey, who was flopped on the grass, gasped. ‘’Starbuck made another Taylor Swift reference! See, Kara, I knew you were trouble when you walked in.’’
Starbuck turned away, slightly embarrassed. ‘’I don’t remember giving you permission to call me Kara, Snobdry. All you are is mean. And a liar. And pathetic.’’
‘’ANOTHER TAYLOR SWIFT REFERENCE!’’ Audrey shrieked. ‘’Hey, where’s she going?’’ Maddie asked. ‘’I dunno,’’ Evie frowned. ‘’Let’s follow her,’’ Abby said.
Starbuck kept walking and when she eventually sat down, she saw the perfect opportunity for Audrey to stop making fun of her.
‘’Ooh, these trees make nice shade,’’ Abby said, lounging in the grass. She wasn’t the type of person to worry about getting grass in her hair. ‘’I wonder what Starbuck’s up to,’’ Evie mused.
‘’I can’t take it anymore!’’ Audrey gasped, falling to the ground.
‘’Are you okay?’’ Abby asked. ‘’Welcome To New York,’’ Audrey said, in a dazed voice. ‘’Welcome To New York. It’s been waiting for you.’’ ‘’She’s spouting out Swiftie gibberish,’’ Abby said. ‘’Help! Call 911!’’
Audrey sat up. ‘’I’m fine.’’
‘’Hey!’’ Starbuck yelled, to get everyone’s attention. ‘’I’m going to climb up the car.’’
*****stunned silence**********
‘’That does not sound like a good idea,’’ Abby said, as Audrey wailed death moans from behind her. ‘’On second thought, as long as you be extra, extra careful.’’
Starbuck climbed up the front of the car.
She balanced on top of the hood of the car.
She flattened herself against the glass……
…….and slid down again.
‘’Oof,’’ she grunted. ‘’Okay roof. Are you…...ready for it?’’ She cringed at yet another Taylor Swift song reference. ‘’I really need to stop doing that. It’s like I’m fifteen. Or twenty-two.’’ She cringed again. ‘’Ah, darn it!’’
She climbed by the side of the car.
She carefully made her way across. ‘’Careful’’ and ‘’Starbuck’’ were not words that normally went together but she could die if she fell.
She was pressed flat against the cool glass, which actually felt nice in the heat of the day.
She slipped into the car handle, ready to pull as hard as she could.
She pulled open the car door…..
....and climbed in the car. ‘’Bam! I did it!’’ she smirked. A wave of sadness washed over her, as she found herself missing her best friend, Lee Adama. ‘’You are the best thing that’s ever been mine,’’ she said softly, even though she knew Lee couldn’t hear her.
‘’Swiftie!’’ Audrey shouted, as she and everyone else climbed up, and got in the car.
‘’Think we should stop teasing her?’’ Evie asked Audrey.
‘’Yeah, it’s not very nice,’’ Abby said.
‘’Hey, it’s cool that you managed to get into the car,’’ Abby said.
‘’You ain’t seen nothing yet,’’ Starbuck said.
Starbuck climbed onto the steering wheel, and honked the horn.
‘’Let me try!’’ Audrey said, accidently starting the car.
‘’See, you’re not the only daredevil,’’ Audrey said.
Maddie tumbled, and tried to stop the car.
Abby slid, and fell down.
She bumped into Evie.
‘’For Zeus’s sake, Audrey,’’ Starbuck sighed.
‘’Ah! Oh! Oh my!’’ Audrey yelled, falling backwards.
She fell backwards, screaming.
Maddie swung back-and-forth.
Maddie fell on the floor…..
…..and tumbled forwards.
‘’Oof,’’ she grunted.
‘’Help!’’ she screamed, as she almost fell out of the car.
‘’Hang on!’’ Starbuck said, steering the car.















Abby  and Evie grabbed onto Maddie.
Starbuck cursed, silently, parked the car, and hopped down.
Starbuck grabbed Evie’s legs and they pulled hard on Maddie.
‘’Oh my goodness, this is torture!’’ Audrey wailed.
They pulled Maddie to safety.
‘’Told ya. Everything works better when I’m helping,’’ Starbuck said.
She climbed back on the steering wheel, and started to drive home.
Evie, Audrey, Maddie and Evie buckled up their seatbelts.
When they got back Chrissa was waiting for them. ‘’Where have you been?’’ she demanded.
‘’Uh, okay….are you ready for it?’’ Evie asked.
‘’Starbuck’s a Swiftie,’’ Audrey stated. ‘’Shut up,’’ Starbuck hissed, blushing.
‘’It’s totally okay to be a Swiftie,’’ Abby said. ‘’Besides you saved us back there.’’
They sat in the sunshine for awhile after that, humming Taylor Swift songs.  






1 comment:

  1. OH MY FREAKING GOD ALL THE TAYLOR SWIFT REFERENCES I AM DYING!!! In a good way of course. Starbuck is such a little daredevil.

    ReplyDelete