Saturday, May 18, 2019

My Favorite Items AG Sells

My Favorite Items AG Sells
Why, hello there! Anyway, I’m here with another post, which is my favorite AG stuff that is currently being sold sooooo kinda different then what I normally do, so let’s get started:
Dolls
Truly Me #39
AHHH! How is she so beautiful? Seriously, HOW?! *clears throat* As you may be able to tell I think she’s a gorgeous doll, and one of AG’s best Truly Me’s. Her hair looks shinier than most of AG’s other dolls for some reason. Or maybe that’s just me. If I got her I’d name her Carla, Heather, Hazel or Karen.
Truly Me #80
Am I the only one who thinks she’s SUPER adorable?! [Note to self: find better ways to explain why you like the product other than ‘she’s adorable]. She looks kinda like Sonali but maybe that’s just me. She looks like the type of doll that would be named Maddie, it just suits her.
Truly Me #58
I love her curls, and her face is just adorable. Hmmm, now for some names that suit her [this blog post has now turned into ‘Let’s Watch McKayla Name Some Dolls’]. I think Vivian, Rosie and Christy suit her.
Truly Me #72
So, I really, really love the fact that AG has started making dolls without hair, and honestly I find them just as adorable without hair [not that I’m going to go taking off all the wigs on the dolls I already have], but I find the Asian one the cutest. She looks like either a Jade, Rosalie or Aurora to me.
Truly Me #53
So really the only reason I like this doll is because she looks like me. It is extremely hard to find a doll [or even people on TV] that look like me since I have blonde hair [dark blonde] and brown eyes. This doll looks exactly like me [except, y’know, I’m not plastic]. I’d name her McKayla Jr., Delilah, or Kara.
Kaya
Okay, I’ll be honest: I’m not a huge fan of Kaya’s stories [but, then again, I did read them when I was six] but her doll is so pretty. I love Native American culture, and I love the fringe on her outfit.
Addy Walker
Why are they not selling Addy in stores anymore, and taking away all her stuff? Just why?! She represented a very important time in American history, and I just can’t get over her adorable Meet Outfit.
Rebecca Rubin
Rebecca’s books were always super-relatable to me because I was [and am] a glamorous, bold, confident, adventurous and daring girl who wants to be an actress. Plus, her face is sweet, I love her curls and her collection [which is mostly in purple, the best color ever].
Maryellen Larkin
I love her style [I’m a girl born in the 2000’s who desperately wants a poodle skirt], and her whole collection. Seriously, if you told me you would give me Maryellen’s entire collection, and all I had to do was climb a 20000 feet building [with a harness] I’d be up there in no time. I love the 50’s.
Melody Ellison
As much as I love the 50’s, I may just love the 60’s even more. So, I love Melody’s style and accessories, but I also love how she stands up for herself, and others. Civil rights are very important: the color of your skin shouldn’t determine how you’re treated. Her meet outfit reminds me of some of Tracy Turnblad’s clothes [if you’ve ever seen the movie, Hairspray!, totally let me know]
Luciana Vega
I LOVE that dress! I would wear that. I adore her flight suit, too. Being a total geek who’s into science and math and sci-fi, I love Luciana’s whole ‘’space vibes’’ and while she isn’t my favorite GOTY I like her quite a bit.
Clothes
Blaire’s Bridesmaid’s Dress
I’m in love with Blaire’s style: classy and traditional with a fun modern twist. I’d totally wear this, and I think all my dolls would, too.
Blaire’s Gardening Outfit
This looks a tad too cute to wear for gardening. I love the ruffly blouse.
City Chic Dress
This is kinda adorable, and very chic [well, duh, since it’s in the title]. I love it.
Ombre Ballet Outfit
I used to take ballet a few years ago, and I still know some basic moves. Ballet is actually one of my favorite types of dance. This outfit is stunning, and I love the color.
I love all of these outfits, mainly because I love basketball, soccer and volleyball [and pretty much all sports], and these look like real sports teams uniforms.
Maryellen’s Poodle Skirt
I mentioned earlier that I love poodle skirts, and the blouse is super cute. I’m a 50’s girl.
Kit’s Play Outfit
I don’t normally like Kit’s outfits, but this one is really cute. I think the blue would look really great on Chrissa. Of course everything looks great on Chrissa.
Winter Sightseeing Outfit
This is kind of cute/casual and even though it seems more fall than winter I still like it. I’d wear that [except I’m not a doll].
Gold Glitter Boots
So these are technically shoes but they’re awesome, anyway, and SPARKLY.
Accessories
Camp AG Outdoor Accessories
So, it looks like there’s archery and football. What’s not to love?
Luciana’s Accessories
I mostly just like the star chart and dehydrated ice cream, LOL.
3-in-1 Game Night Table
This honestly looks like a waste of money but it looks cool
Luciana’s Maker Station
This looks SO SO cool. Even if it is a waste of money, I love all the science-y stuff.
Maryellen’s Refrigerator
I think I like this because I like cooking and food sets
Feel Better Kit For Dolls
Am I the only one who pretended my dolls had these horrible injuries and diseases as a child? I used to pretend that about myself, too. Now, I just pretend these horrible things happen to fictional characters [if you want to hear a ridiculous tragedy, just ask]. I still play with dolls, just not injuries.
Julie’s Basketball Set
I probably just like this because I like basketball. Samantha really likes basketball, too.
Pets
These two pets literally look just like two of my family’s pets: a chocolate lab mix named Luna and a tuxedo cat named Oreo.
I love both of these because I desperately wanted [and was denied] a chameleon and hamster.
Okay, so those are my favorite AG products. Also, please don’t think I’m a spoiled brat. I actually never buy clothes and accessories directly from AG: I make them myself. I normally buy dolls used, too. If you would like to know why, just ask in the comments. I only have two things on this list that I would ever actually consider buying. Have a good day!
What’s your favorite thing on this list?















5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the Addy thing (though the Civil War is not my favorite American time period I much prefer the American evolutionary war.) They did the same thing with Felicity and "cubed" her, and honestly I feel as if girls should be learning about those time periods through the dolls. Anyway, this was part of the reason I switched to Carpatina and Girl For All Time (because they don't "cube" their dolls), but anyway I think it's awesome that you like Truly Me #39, she is actually one of my first AG dolls, so I find it awesome that someone else likes her. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *American revolutionary war, somehow I missed the "r" in revolutionary.

      Delete
  2. Yes, history is very important. "Cubing" them seems really stupid. Oh, yeah Truly Me #39 is super pretty. Is the quality in Girl For All Time and American Girl any different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.
      I would say the quality for A Girl for All Time is actually MUCH better than AG's current quality, even though the dolls are a bit shoulder the accessories and everything is like AG's used to be before they joined Mattel, so I hope that answers your question,
      -Quinley

      Delete
  3. Yes, it did. Thank you very much. That is why I prefer to get AG dolls used on ebay because they are much cheaper, and much better quality.

    ReplyDelete