Tuesday, May 16, 2023

My Five Favorite Historical AG Dolls

 Greetings everyone! 
While American Girl has a wide variety of dolls, the company started with mostly historical characters, which I think is really cool. I love both history and dolls, so this makes AG perfect for me. I love a lot of the historical characters, so I decided to pick my top five and show them to you guys. I'll also be putting their time period next to their names, so that if you're not familiar with American Girl, you can know when they're from. 
#5: Maryellen Larkin-1950s
I have loved Ellie ever since I saw her movie. I like her spunky personality and her desire to stay true to herself. Beyond that, Maryellen's story isn't one of my favorites, but I love her doll. I'm mildly obsessed with the 1950's, and I especially love 50's fashion, so I love all of her outfits and most of her collection-----especially her Meet outfit and her poodle skirt. I also think she's very pretty-----especially her hair.
#4: Melody Ellison-1960's
I'm equally as obsessed with '60s fashion as I am with '50s fashion, and I Melody's collection has a lot of outfits that I like. I also think that her doll is adorable, and I love her hairstyle. I also really like Melody's story. Her time is during the Civil Rights Movement, and I think her story does a good job of teaching kids about that time period in an age-appropriate way.
#3: Kaya-1760's
I think Kaya is a gorgeous doll. Her outfit is super adorable and I love her hair. I also love the amount of research that AG put into her. For example, her smile doesn't show her teeth because in the Nez Perce tribe, it was considered aggressive to show teeth. Kaya's stories were never my favorite, but I still always liked her character.
#2: Kit Kittredge-1930's
Kit has always been one of my favorites. I think her books are probably my favorite AG books----I love her personality. Her books are set during the Great Depression, which is an interesting [and sad] time period in American history. I also think she's a really cute doll. What I love about her the most is her bob. There aren't very many AG dolls with short hair, so I love that about her. I also love her dog, Grace.
#1: Rebecca Rubin-1910's
I think Rebecca is one of the prettiest dolls that AG has ever made. I love her curls, and her eyes. I also love how so much of her collection is purple, since that's my favorite color. Her outfits are pretty cute, too. I also really love her story. Rebecca has such a fun personality. Her books take place when movies were first being made, which I think is pretty cool. Also, her collection comes with kittens!
So, which AG dolls are your favorite? Out of the ones on my list, which do you like best?

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! I love the Historical Dolls; It's definitely my favorite AG doll collection. Though, it is very hard for me to pick favorites, out of your list (when it comes to how the dolls look) Kaya is probably my favorite. But they are all so incredibly inspiring and unique <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I agree that they are all unique, but I think that Kaya is probably the most unique.

      Delete
  2. AG makes some lovely dolls! I'm curious though as to why they are so expensive? I'm not a doll expert, but isn't $200 dollars a lot for a doll? Either way, out of all of these, Kaya is my favourite. But I'm overall interested and drawn to anything Native American. 🙃🦅🐎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG dolls are definitely SUPER expensive and I agree that it's a bit too much (that's why Hailey and I get most of ours second-hand). I guess because they're high-quality? Nice. Kaya is very cool.

      Delete