Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A Little Update in the Life of Me

 Hi everyone. 
I can't believe it's been three years since I last posted on this blog. It wasn't technically a goodbye post, but I went three years without saying anything else, so that's probably what you guys assumed. 
And, for awhile, I was. But I've missed this site, and, more than anything else, I missed dolls. Every time 
i read a post on a doll blog I follow, I would get excited to do the same thing. I'd read a Meet the Dolls page and get ridiculously excited about making my own and showing you all how my dolls' personalities have changed and evolved. I'd see beautiful dolls and dream of having them for myself.

Me at all of those dolls I wanted
But I didn't buy any more dolls, nor did I make any posts. 
I guess I figured that if you've grown out of something, you're not allowed to change your mind. 
I'd grown out of dolls, so that's it. 
I ignored the feeling of wanting new dolls, and I collected other things. Funko Pops, action figures, stuffed animals, etc, but none of them gave me the same spark of joy I get when I look at my American Girl dolls. 
But not anymore. 
Two main things inspired this post. 
One was my sister Hailey's blog, where she talks all about dolls. She's made so many great posts that have inspired me so much, and i am always in awe of her talent, intelligence, creativity and kindness. Thank you [and Tony] for being the best sisters a girl could ask for.
The other thing was this video of Melanie Martinez going toy shopping. It's just the cutest thing ever. 
Truth betold, I'm not sure what the future of this blog holds. I definitely want to focus less on getting new dolls, and more on enjoying the ones I have and creating new things to do with them. I think a big problem I had before was that I had too many dolls for me to focus on. I'm not saying I'll never get new dolls. I'm just saying that I want to build a collection of dolls that I love and cherish, not just a bunch of them that I feel neutral about. I'm not sure what the focus of this blog will be. Maybe I'll post photoshoots or photostories. Maybe I'll give my thoughts on different doll lines. Maybe I'll find a love for sewing or crafting or customizing dolls and want to share that here. Maybe this is just a fluke and I'll be back to being inactive on this site. I'm not promising a blog schedule, or anything like that. I've grown and changed a lot in the three years since I've stopped doll blogging, and my life has gotten a lot busier. 
Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm not going to promise anything., but I'm back, and, if it's okay with you guys, I'd like to stay awhile. 


7 comments:

  1. Aw, this was so beautifully written, McKayla! I would love to see more posts and stories about your dolls (and Schleich, since you also made a few posts about them in the past). Glad to have you back! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Hividah! Ooh, I should definitely do some things with Schleich, too. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Aw, yay! I'm so glad that you're back <3 I've missed reading your posts on here and I'm glad you're doing what makes you feel happiest :) Thank you for your kind message, I'm so proud to have such an amazing older sister *sniffles* I will be looking forward to seeing your new posts and maybe even being in a few, wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Hailey! I'm glad to be back.
      For sure. We should definitely collaborate sometime.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a lovely surprise to find this in my blog notifications (even though I'm now realizing I came across the notification a bit after the fact lol 'XD)! So happy to see you back and I can't wait to read future posts! :D
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's fine. I always reply to comments late. I'm happy to be back!

      Delete