Friday, July 26, 2019

American Girl Movies Ranked

Hiya. Well, it’s been a few days since I posted due to poor wi-fi signal but the good news is I’m back! Today, I will be ranking the American Girl movies from my least favorite to my favorite.  Are you ready for it? 
#13: Ivy and Julie: A Happy Balance
I don’t hate this movie by any means. In fact I think it’s quite good. However, I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as most of the other AG movies. First of all, I was kind of annoyed with how they mainly focused on Ivy’s story when the books are from Julie’s point of view [besides, I love basketball so I’d love to see that in an AG movie]. I get that they’re trying to introduce diversity, and I’m really glad they’re doing that but they could have done it a better way. Also, I found Ivy kind of annoying in the movie. 
#12: Saige Paints the Sky
It was pretty good, and I liked the outfits and all the horseback riding featured in the movie. However, I found Saige horribly whiny, and the majority of her friends seemed really bratty. So, while it was a fun movie it was definitely not my favorite.





#11: Samantha: An American Girl Holiday

I did like it a lot, and I thought AnnaSophia Robb did a good job with her part but there was just something about this that annoyed me. I’m not sure what. Again, it wasn’t a bad movie, just not my favorite.
#10: Grace Stirs up Success
It was good and I really liked the part where the pie hit Grace’s uncle in the face [I don’t even know her real name, my sister and I just call him Uncle Pieface. No, we’re not weird] but it wasn’t my favorite, and there’s a lot of movies I’d rather watch.
#9: Felicity: An American Girl Adventure
I LOVED this movie, and the fact that it’s historically accurate. I liked Felicity’s spunky personality, and the fact that horses were in this movie [can you tell I like horses? I’m actually learning horseback riding so if you want a post on that on my other blog than let me know]. This and the rest of the movies I really like so it’s pretty random.
#8: Isabelle Dances Into The Spotlight
While there were parts I didn’t like [Isabelle’s whininess for example] I thought it was a good movie overall. I probably would have enjoyed it even more if I was a ballet dancer. Also, very random but I like the costumes, and Isabelle’s ombre hair.
#7: Lea to the Rescue
I liked the fact that it was really exciting, and had more adventure than most of the AG movies [plus it had adorable jungle animals] but I didn’t think the actress who played Lea did a very good job. I found her quite annoying in this movie. 

#6: Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front
I LOVED this movie. I liked how historically accurate it was, and I loved the tap dancing parts. My sister actually has the Molly doll so this movie is her favorite [I love it, too], and I liked Emily in this movie, too.
#5: Maryellen: Extraordinary Christmas
Maryellen was really hilarious, and I loved how her big ideas always seem to backfire [just like most of my big ideas then, and some of my not-so-well-thought-out ideas now]. I liked how she wanted to help people so much, and I liked her personality a lot. Plus, it was the 50’s so it had 50’s fashion which I also love].
#4: McKenna Shoots for the Stars
It was a pretty good movie, and I liked the gymnastics, and it was a really good GOTY movie [of course I like all of them which makes it very hard to rank]. My sisters and I used to ONLY PLAY this game, and I would usually be McKenna, even though I liked being Sierra, too. It’s a fun movie, and I think Jade Pettyjohn did a great job as McKenna.
#3: Kit Kittredge: An American Girl
Even though it didn’t stay true to the books I LOVED it. I also loved seeing the 30’s fashion, and I liked the excitement and adventure in this movie. Also, Grace is ADORABLE. Kit reminds me a lot of myself, so she was more relatable than character’s in other AG movies, and Abigail Breslin is such a talented actress.
#2: Melody: Love has to Win
This movie handled the issues of racism perfectly, and I liked Melody’s character. She was the perfect combination of sweet and sassy. Also, it had 60’s fashion so bonus points. 
#1: Chrissa Stands Strong
Do I probably just like this movie because Chrissa’s my favorite American Girl doll? Possibly. Did I like it before than? Yes. It’s a great movie, and Sammi Hanratty is a great actress, and she’s really adorable [random but true].

Well, what are your favorite American Girl movies? Also, did you catch my Taylor Swift referance? 

4 comments:

  1. OOOH, I LOVE FELICITY'S MOVIE!
    I just had to say that, since Felicity's movie has to be one of my favorite movies of all the AG ones. (Sadly I haven't seen the new ones, but the whininess of the characters must be annoying, I think the reason why that doesn't happen in Felicity's is because of the etiquette of the time period.)

    Also, I think the Ivy one looks neat, but I am slightly annoyed about it partly because Ivy is retired and to have a movie released after the doll retired seems a little like...let me just say, it will cause a lot of little girls to cry when they find out they cannot buy an ivy doll in store.

    Anyway, I loved reading your ratings. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS, I LOVE Felicity's movie. Yeah, the whininess gets REALLY annoying. Pretty much all the historical ones and Chrissa's movie are the ones without whininess. McKenna is kinda whiny but she gets much more kind and generous especially towards the end of the movie.
    Yeah, that kinda seemed like a tease. It was a good movie, though. Maybe they should just bring Ivy back.
    Oh, thank you, Quinley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hIS NAME IS UNCLE BERNARD
    XD jk. i actually haven't seen too many AG movies. just isabelle, grace and melody i think...? but there was a time i watched isabelle every week and had the whole thing memorized and wanted to be a ballerina. we don't talk about it XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, TESS. YOU REMEMBERED HIS NAME. *throws confetti*.
    Oh, yeah my sister and I went through the exact same phase. She actually took ballet for awhile though. After that phase I was more into martial arts and fencing and wanting to be a samurai. That phase passed. I still want to learn martial arts but I'm not obsessed with it.
    Thanks for commenting, Tess.

    ReplyDelete